Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Big Reveal

As excited as we were, we had a dilemma! We had to decide how to tell our families! We wanted to do something fun like we did with J but knew if we got everyone together at once they'd suspect something so we had to be creative. The big problem was, we didn't want to steal Katie and David's thunder AND we were leaving for Vegas in a week! Therefore, if we waited until we got back from Vegas, we would have to keep it a secret for almost 3 weeks!!! Do you know how hard that is!?!? So, while we continued to think of ways to tell our families, we decided to tell some close friends in town that we knew wouldn't cross our families paths anyway. Finally, we figured out how to reveal the big news! For my side, my Dad is working in El Paso so we knew we'd just have to call him. But for my mom, we were meeting her, my Aunt, Pete, and my cousins in Dallas before we flew out to Vegas so when we went to dinner, we had the waiter bring a dessert to me and he said, "A little birdie told me there was an expecting mother here." My mom was sitting right next to me and I think she thought it was a mistake! The restaurant was really loud so unfortunately, not everyone heard him but my mom relayed the message to everyone and I confirmed the great news! Everyone was very excited! The funny thing was, it was getting late and Chip and Chrissy had to get Jack home to bed so we tried so hard to stall them but they just barely missed it.We filled them in at Gloria's thought so no worries.

We had to wait until after Vegas to tell James' family because we just had no more time. When we got back from Vegas, we were going to Houston for 2 days for a churhc meeting and then Galveston for 2 days to hang out with James' family. Therefore, we planned a cute reveal to happen while everyone was together in Galveston. The problem with this plan was, we didn't know at first but Bill was not staying in galveston because he had to work. there was no way we were going to do this without him so we had to resort to plan C...which was not created until that Saturday night on the way to Mike and Anne's from church. As we were all sitting in Mike and Anne's living room talking late at night, like we always do, James waited for a lull in the conversation and then just piped up and said, Oh by the way, Heather's pregnant. No one believed us!! It was pretty funny actually! It took us several minutes to convince them that the news was true and even after much celebration I think some people were still skeptical. haha.

So, even though neither plan went perfectly as planned, both families were, of course, thrilled to add a new bundle of joy to the family. We were then able to call and tell the news to other friends and family and finally after my first appointment, we release the news on Facebook! It was tehn "official." We appreciate all of the support and sweet messages from friends and family!

I think this is a great place to stop for now and I will continue about how I've been feeling and our first appointment (with pics) in the next post. Hopefully I wont take so long to get that up so I can finally be caught up to real time!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!When I got pregnant with Alex I told her in her Birthday card from G. It said "Love G & the soon to be new baby" She about died.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we considered how elaborate the first reveal was and how exciting things usually get around here, we had good reason to doubt it when James out of nowhere just calmly stated it. Definitely different and definitely happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really did think the waiter had the wrong table for a few minutes!! When I saw him approaching the table with a desert it looked like it was for a birthday and I knew it wasn't anyones birthday so when he said "A little birdy told me that there is...." I was not expecting "expectant mother" to come out of his mouth! Then he sat the desert in front of Heather and I think I said "Really?!!??!!!" Grammy and Pop are very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete