Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our 1st Apppointment


So, right after we found out, I started feeling the extreme tiredness! Everyday between lunch and dinner I HAD to take a nap, I was just exhausted, even if I hadn't done much. Then, we went to Vegas which, surprisingly, I wasnt as tired as before! We walked all over the place and stayed up late, slept in and did it all over again for 4 days. I was happy to not be tired but the nausea kicked in, BOO! I wasnt tired or sick with J at all so this was all new to me! I wasn't throwin up but EVRYTHING I ate made me feel sick. Of course this was not so pleasant but since we were in Vegas and has so much to see and do, I think it helped keep my mind off my stomach. Now we can tell this baby that they've been to Vegas, haha. The week after we came back from Vegas we had our first appointment. We are using a new doctor because J's doctor is in downtown Austin and for appointments and any emergency or when the big day arrives, we just feel it is too far so, we LOVED Dr.Grogono and Seton hospital but this little one will have to experience something new =) We visited the Cedar Park hosiptal and go a FABULOUS first impression! Everyone was so nice and a nurse even came out, answered our questions, gave us a tour and recommended some doctors for us. Her number one choice was an easy pick for us because in addition to having a great reccomendation from the nurse, Dr.Hinds and his partner are both Aggies! WHOOP!

I was anxious for our first appointment for many reasons. Although I had been having symptoms, I was still nervous the $1 Dollar Tree tests could be wrong. I also had been having some back pain (which of course I didnt have with J) so that made me worry and since my dad and cousins are both twins, I was very worried about there being 2 or more babies in there! I know twins are cute as can be but Ill just cuddle, squeeze, kiss and then give back other peoples twins =).

Our first appointment went great! We really Love Dr.Hinds already and his nurses and facility. There is only 1 baby in there ( hallelujah!) and we got to see it and hear its heartbeat!I didnt realized we'd already get pictures but we did so I've posted them! The baby was actually wiggling around too which just amazed us. Dr.Hinda said he loves to see that because it significantly lowers the risk of a miscarriage too! The baby's heartbeat was around 160 then, so Cissy tell us if thats a boy or girl, lol.

Since then, Ive been feeling great! My nausea has calmed down tremendously and Im not nearly as tired. I do have some picky cravings. I tend to want salty, unfried stuff like cheese and crackers or grilled cheese from Sonic...mmm! There are times where I just feel like gummy bears or just specific things like that but Ive been feeling great so yay! Im not starting to show yet but I am starting feel a slight difference in my pants, which is much earlier than last time...=(

I did take a 10 wk. pic because I felt like I should but there really isnt anything to show so ill jsut keep it until I have more to show and then post both to see the difference =) Thats it for now! Im finally caught up. I go back to Dr.Hinds in 2 weeks and we will get more pictures and info too! Its really hard to remember things I learned last time like foods to stay away from or things to do or not do but Im slowly find things online and saying, "Oh yeah..."



J seems to know there is a baby in mommy's tummy and he's going to be a big brother but I dont think he truly realizes what that menas yet. Everyday is different as to whether he wants a brother or sister but one day he did tell me "I was a sister...like Kayleigh. I like Kayleigh!" (she's his cousin, for those of you who dont know) I thought that was soo special!



Well, thats all the news for now! Ill post if anything else exciting happens!

4 comments:

  1. 160 heartbeat should be precious baby girl
    or
    a darling baby boy with high metabolism.
    Either way, we can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a girl!!! I have heard that if the older sibling is interested in the tummy,then the baby will be the opposite sex. G was very interested in my tummy and we had a girl! Cant wait to find out

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like these thoughts already, keep it comin people! Nice way to be decisive Cissy....you def. cant be wrong wit that prediction, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather :) I can tell you from a bit of experience, even if you remembered it all, they change stuff on you EVERY time. Try to relax :) I'm sure you'll do great and remember what you need to! And, they'll remind you if you don't! With our 5th, they told me to avoid deli meats...uh, what??? Anyway - hope you're feeling great today!!! Praying your baby is healthy and y'all have a smooth and easy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete