Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What a Bummer...

I went in for my 20 week checkup today and was excited to get my in depth ultrasound.  Every time we have been for a checkup, we go right back and are in and out within 30-45 minutes.  Today, that was not the case! First, we waited for 30 minutes before even going back.  At J's doctor's office, their ultrasound tech and machine were in their office.  Here we have to go to a specialized place in north Austin.  We found out our doctor has to fax the request in first and then we have to call and make an appointment for the ultrasound.  So, Ill call tomorrow and hope we can get in soon!  Then, I was thinking, thats ok because we always get an ultrasound from my doctor so at least we'd get that...again, bummer! It was so busy today and my doctor's partner was using it so he just checked the heartbeat and measured my belly (im right around 20-21 weeks) and that was it.  =(  


With all that complaining said, we are happy that everything is ok with me and the baby! I have only gained 6 lbs. and I have no problems, so yay!  The baby is moving like crazy now and while we were waiting in the room for the doctor,  James could actually see my belly flinching so that was cool! Im convinced within the next few days, he will really be able to feel it too!  


On another happy note, J is officially "peepee" potty trained!! woooo hoo! He hasnt had an accident since we started 11 days ago. However, he refuses to poopoo in the potty.  He doenst have an accident, he just wont go until the middle of the night in his diaper so thats no fun but we'll get there.  He is taking naps without a diaper too! CRAZY! AND, this morning he woke up(30 minutes early) and started yelling, "mommy, i need to pee pee in the potty!!!" so i got up and took him and his diaper was completely dry!!! It was really funny too because he would stop and think he was done and then start again and it was like he was scared or something that it wouldnt stop, haha too funny!  ANyway, I think he's preparing to be a big brother!!!


So, hopefully soon, Ill have the official word on if we are having a boy or girl and get all that details to be sure the baby is ok.  I've added my 20 week belly pic since I have nothing else right now.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute belly! I'm sorry you didn't get the ultrasound you wanted but hopefully they will be able to schedule you soon. J is doing great with the potty training and is going to be the best big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww that sucks you didn't get to see the baby! they rescheduled our 20 week for this morning (it was supposed to be friday), but we have to go back in 2 weeks anyway because mason wasn't cooperating so they couldn't get the images they needed of his heart! i can't wait to see more baby pics... and of course your belly looks cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is going well!!! Congrats on the potty training successes!

    ReplyDelete