Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

4 weeks and counting...

WOW! Alot has happened these past 4 weeks. So much I havent remember to post anything until now...oops!  Well, I have had 2 wonderful showers! I really have the best friends and family ever, that's for sure!  I have an update from my doctor's appointment but here are some pics from my great showers first:


Friend shower 2/4:
Wonderful cake and table display!

Cute diaper cake!

My wonderful hostesses
Lindsey, Maggie, Lindsay, Christina, Kera

Family Shower 2/18:

My Aunt Gloria and Mom hosted this great shower!

My "big boy" (still my baby though)

Gorgeous flowers by my Aunt

Name frame by my mom

sweet man likes Coopers blanket made by my Meme

Beautiful cake and table!


So...I had my 36 weeks appointment today.  It was interesting actually.  It was scheduled for 4:15 but the doctor's office called me and had to reschedule because a meeting came up for my doctor.  SO I was able to go in at 3 instead. Not a big deal, I had someone cover my after school duty and left right after school to make it.  I went back to the room about 3:15 and the nurse did her thing and then I waited for about 5 minutes and the nurse came in and said the doctor had to run of to deliver a baby and it would be about 30 minutes before he'd be back.  She asked if I could wait.  I wasnt on a time schedule but I also didn't want to sit in that room for 30 minutes!  So I asked if I could go over to target and be back in 30 minutes. She said sure so I got some things done at target and when i got back i waited about 5 more minutes and the nurse came back in and said that I could keep waiting or see his partner.  By this time it was 4:00 (almost my original time anyway).  I said I'd just see his partner.  At that time, Dr.Hinds showed back up. There was one person in front of me so the nurse suggested I wait so the doctor wouldnt be sad that he missed me.  Luckily he was in to see me within about 10-15 minutes.  He was very apologetic and thanked me for being understanding.  I truly didnt mind because if Cooper decides to show up during someone else's appointment I want my baby to be the priority =).  Anyway, just had the group B strep test done, nothing big, ill find out if i have it and if so they will just give me an antibiotic before Cooper is born.  Ill find out those results next week. 

 So, now i am going every week! Can you believe it's that close??  Also, I talked with my doctor and he is all for inducing if I make it to 39 weeks!! Yipee!  So...39 weeks will put the date at March 14th (which just so happens to be my brother's birthday).  So, James and I talked and next week we will schedule Cooper to be induced on March 15th!!! Now of course, he could come before that...as long as its not too much before, Im ok with it =).  But, next week the doctor will check to see if I have dialated at all or where I am in the process.  He said there are no "rules" about being so far dialted to be induced so it looks like the 15th is the target date.  It'll be good if it works that way too because it'll be spring break so james will be off and we will go home from the hospital on saturday and that will give james 2 days at home before having to go back to work on monday.  Now of course, Im sure Cooper might decide to throw a wrench in these wonderful plans and that is ok...but Cooper...you better give mommy at least another week to get ready for you...you hear me?? =)  I definitely feel stretching going on so I think he's making his way down to get ready. Here is an updated belly pic:

36 weeks-sorry it's not cropped, im lazy =)


Ill be sure to give an update next week after I go back on thursday.  I cant believe the 15th is only 3 weeks away, CRAZY!!!!



1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH!!! If you're so close that means I'm so close too... You look great Heather! I can't wait to see pictures of Cooper and see J's reaction to it all! It's so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete