Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ROLLERCOASTER

Well, I certainly have had an enventful day today!  Readers disclaimer: This post isnt really detailed but may be more than you care to know so if so, just know everything if fine and we are all doing well. Still no baby yet. =)  Ans knwo, this isnt just for my readers, this is a record for me to look back on as well, thanks! 

Ok so, first of all, Ive been feeling different since I woke up, not sure how.  However, I did stay up late helping make Katie's wedding invitations (which was so fun btw). J also woke up early and was so sad because he didnt have a seat on the train...LOL I guess he was dreaming or something but it was super cute!  So, my day started different as it was.  Well, about lunch time, I had to go to the bathroom and I was on lunch duty so I told my teammate Id be back. I went to the bathroom like normal and when I went to wipe I saw blood! I looked down and it wasnt just some "spotting."  It look like ALOT of blood to me!  NOw, I didnt exaimine it to see how much was really blood and if it had just mixed with the water. As you can imagine, I just kind of freaked out and left. I told my teammate I had to go, left, called james, told my next door teammate I was leaving and withing 2 minutes we were in the car.

Luckily, we work at the best school ever and knew our kids would be covered and in great hands! 

I called the doctors office on the way and when I got there my doctor was the one on call at the hospital so he was at a delivery so they asked if I woudl see his partner. I was thinking, of course, i dont care i just want to make sure everything is fine!  So his partner, Dr.Thoppil came in and said since it was alot of blood I saw he wanted to send me to the hospital (which is right next door, thankfully) to see if it was my water breaking, or placenta detaching. He did check me out and said I was dialated to 2.5cm.  Funny though...absolutely no blood! OF COURSE! LOL.

We got checked in, Coopers hearbeat was fine and then we waited for a while.  BY this point I could feel Cooper moving too so our minds were more at ease.  The nurse came in and checked to see if my water had broken and it hadnt.  Then we were told to wait because my doctor was in a c-section and then he'd come see me.  We thought we would be waiting for at least an hour but about 20 minutes later Dr.Hinds comes in. 

He said everything looks fine, my water wasn't broke, Cooper wasnt in distress, my placenta was fine. He said if it were my placenta I would keep on bleeding and Cooper would be showing some stress on the monitors.  His only explanation was that I could have dialated quickly and that probably burst some blood vessels.  


So, with that, I was discharged from the hospital.  My doctor did say that if he were to induce Cooper would be fine since I am this far along.  However, since there were no other red flags, he would rather wait and try make it to 39 weeks, which is the earliest he prefers to induce unless there is a medical concern.  He did say that if it happens again though, he will probably induce no matter when it is because weird things can happen during pregnancies once but for it to happen again he feels there would be a reason.  


With that we left, went home and took a nap. It was VERY NICE =).  I have an appointment tomorrow (thursday) and we will see if i have progressed anymore or if all seems the same.  I do hope to make it to spring break (only one more week Cooper!) but I just feel that it may not be that long.  I am putting our bags in the car tonight and today I worked late making sub plans for next week just in case; so we will see.  


I am just glad Cooper is ok and all seems to be fine.  Keep praying for us and Ill be sure to keep updating...it's getting so very close!!!

1 comment:

  1. There must be something in this leap day air! I felt cramping on and off all day and I kept thinking I might go into labor, but it never got strong enough or closer together. Then I had a complete nervous breakdown on Doug :) Your day was definitely more legitimately crazy, mine was more self inflicted craziness haha! I'm glad to know that all is well with Cooper and excited for his arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete